Backend developer – Scala – engineer (parttime/fulltime)
You’re an enthusiastic Scala engineer who wants to make a difference. You’re looking for an ambitious and international team in The Hague. And we’re looking for a backend developer like you. Your contribution is going to enable The Netherlands to further digitalise and say goodbye to paper administration.
Whether you have plenty experience or no experience but plenty knowledge, you are welcome at Cleverbase. We use Domain Driven Design to tend to our business domain (Qualified Information Exchange) and develop software based on pure functional Scala (cats, cats-effect, fs2, Akka) in a microservices architecture. Because European legal standards challenge us to hone in on code quality and auditability, we are looking for a trustworthy backend developer that has an eye for aspects like these.
Working as a backend developer at Cleverbase
As Qualified Trust Service provider, Cleverbase is licensed to issue PKI certificates within the Public Key Infrastructure of the Dutch government. With our products, you can log in, exchange information and sign documents on the highest eIDAS security level. After a one-time registration, you can, for example, digitally sign their deed of purchase with the same legal power as a signature on paper. Completely safe, with your own phone and pin code.
During pressure cooker sessions, design sprints and in our labs, we develop prototypes to quickly discover how we can turn concepts into actual, valuable products and services. That’s how, in three days, we enabled Noria to digitally sign a European tender.
Demand for our products is high and our organisation is growing quickly. Working at Cleverbase means contributing to a safe digital environment. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished so far and celebrate our successes together, but we’re far from done. That is why we are looking for an ambitious Scala engineer like you to come and help us.
What we ask
Preferably an allrounder/Jack-of-all-trades, but don’t be put off by this. It’s nice if you match below profile as much as possible. Are there things you want develop, let us know how we can work on it together.
- Experience with Scala and knowledge of and/or interest in Domain Driven Design, cats, cats-effect, fs2, Akka and microservices architecture.
- You understand that compliance and security are extremely important for us and you have an eye for code quality, security, auditability and data integrity.
- You write tests for all your code and have experience with continuous integration.
- You don’t shy away from documenting when it matters.
- You are available for 32-40 hours per week.
Bonus points for
- Knowledge of and/or interest in TLS and PKI.
- Experience in an ISO-27001 and/or TWS certified environment.
What we offer you
- An informal and dynamic work environment in which talent, initiative and involvement are appreciated and rewarded.
- Fun, ambitious and smart colleagues with enthusiasm for what they create.
- Above average salary, non-contributory pension, travel and phone allowance.
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours).
- Many opportunities for growth and development.
- A laptop of your choice: Macbook Pro with macOS or Lenovo Thinkpad with Linux.
In this current situation we all work from home, but once we go back to working at the office, the following is included as well:
- The best view of The Hague in an office building with coffee bar, food court, and fitness area, easy to reach by public transport, car or bike.
- Healthy lunch served at the office every day.
Are you our new backend developer?
You’re interested and want to apply: time to update your CV, write a motivation letter and send an email to Beatrix at email@example.com or call +316 1429 1425. As well when you have talents that can contribute to Cleverbase’s ambition in another way. We look forward to receiving your application!