Product Manager Run-time Platform Services
Background run-time platform services
There is an increasing use of generic runtime environments based on managed cloud solutions, so that a separate connection is created between underlying hardware, networks, operating systems and databases and the applications that run on this.
Regardless, there will always be a dependency. Especially with trust services with high security, integrity and availability standards, it is a challenge to properly form the desired minimal dependency and specialization of services.
Cleverbase is the organisation behind Vidua. We operate as QTSP (Qualified Trust Service Provider), licensed by the Dutch government. Under strict regulations, we issue PKIoverheid certificates, which is why Cleverbase is stated on them. With these certificates, you can make use of Vidua services. That means you can safely identify yourself online and sign important digital documents with the same legal effect as a handwritten signature.
We believe in a trustworthy, safe, digital society. Where everyone and every organization can participate in a human-centered way. A society where you yourself have the control over your own personal data.
About the run-time platform services
Runtime Environment as a Service ensures that the complexity of the infrastructure is maximally managed. This way developers and operators can focus on their core tasks. They are supported in building a otap(p) street on the runtime platform. Standard tools, such as for logging and monitoring but also for the operational implementation, are provided to shape generic business requirements in solutions.
Product manager at Cleverbase
As a Product Manager, the product vision and roadmap of your service are the constitution for your work. You create added value for users and chain partners, and optimal user-friendliness without compromising on reliability. You realize both market-driven and customer-driven ambitions, while you adjust management style accordingly.
A Product Manager at Cleverbase is very much up-to-date on:
- The vision of the organization and t he role of their services in this;
- The context of the organization – especially concerning frameworks and legislation;
- The starting point and possibilities to take away friction in a controlled matter and seize opportunities for quality improvement;
- The way Cleverbase wants to achieve operational excellence.
We prefer a headache beforehand rather than a stomach ache afterwards. You too, see the value of good documentation, standardization and development discipline with short turnaround for needed changes. You enjoy working with intelligent and creative professionals and contribute to a blameless post-mortem culture.
- Taking direct ownership of the starting situation.
- Shaping and managing the transition to a scaled-up team that fits the scale-up ambitions (possibly through a strategic partnership).
- Externally oriented: researching the needs from stakeholders and finding ways to fill in infrastructure accordingly. Offer stream-aligned teams a positive experience with platform-services and engineering support.
- Efficiently combine continuous control activities with another tech debt approach and with new development, in collaboration with Risk & Compliance.
- Scaling up the run-time platform services, expanding the teams (internal and external) and adequate supplier management.
- Hiring run-time teams: setting up profiles and recruitment strategy, and selection.
With whom do you work?
- You work in a triangle with Risk & Compliance, Product Management and Engineering.
- You report to the Head of Platforms (part of MT).
- Initially, you’ll be managing a 10-person team, spread out in virtual subteams, with the possibility to scale up.
What we ask
Someone who can tell us why you’re capable of bringing us closer to our mission with this role. You can think of the following criteria, but we’re always open for a different view on the needed qualities:
- University thinking and working level and at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Humour and the ability to put things into perspective
- Self-starting, proactive and assertive
- You want to make an impact on a complex, but very relevant, domain
- Creativity and entrepreneurship, likes to think outside existing frameworks and limitations
- You like creating a vision on the set-up of a scalable run-time platform
- Interested in collaborating on further development of preconditions for a scale-up
- Experience in negotiations where both parties (stakeholders and developers) are being satisfied
- Eye for detail, preference for infrastructure-as-code and appreciation for automation
Bonus points for
- High social involvement and passionate about art/culture and/or sports;
- Experience at a scale-up in a strictly regulated domain;
- Experience with PKI and mission critical systems;
- Experience with AWS and private cloud/on-premise infrastructures.
What we offer you
- An informal and dynamic work environment with ambitious colleagues in which talent, initiative and involvement are appreciated and rewarded.
- Above average salary, non-contributory pension, travel and phone allowance.
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours).
- Many opportunities for growth and development.
In this current situation we all work from home, but once we go back to working at the office, the following is included as well:
- The best view of The Hague, in an office building with a coffee bar, food court, and fitness area, easy to reach by public transport, car or bike.
Are you our new Product Manager run-time platform services?
You’re interested and want to apply: time to update your CV, write a motivation letter and send an email to Beatrix at email@example.com or call +316 1429 1425 before October 1st 2021. As well when you have talents that can contribute to Cleverbase’s ambition in another way. We look forward to receiving your application!