(Senior) operations engineer
Are you an experienced operations engineer? Can you see yourself take responsibility for our infrastructure and operations? Do continuous integration and continuous delivery bring you joy? Then, we know that you will feel at home at Cleverbase.
Cleverbase is working on making formal transactions online easier. We have developed a secure solution that can connect civilians, organizations and governments. With our products you can log in, exchange information and sign documents on the highest eIDAS security level. Besides secure Cleverbase solutions are of high quality, smart and user friendly. Even though we are still a startup, we are a Trust Service Provider within the public key infrastructure from the Dutch government and are we are ISO 27001 and ETSI certified.
Our Cleverbase team is dynamic, fast-growing and multidisciplinary. For us, flexibility and self-management are paramount. Everyone is able to truly contribute something,based on his or her own expertise and background. We are enterprising, creative thinkers and developers who want to improve the world with the use of the latest technology. The Cleverbase office is in The Hague and within a 2 minutes walk of the Voorburg railway station.
This is what we expect from you
- You have 4+ years of experience with system administration in Linux/Unix (CentOS, Debian), networking (DNS, TCP/IP) and web (HTTP, TLS).
- You have experience designing and managing cloud infrastructure in AWS (certification is a plus).
- You have experience programming or scripting (Bash/Python/Perl) and an eye for security, performance, and resiliency in everything you build.
- You prefer working with infrastructure-as-code and you automate as much as responsibly possible.
- You approach incidents in a structured way and contribute to a blameless post-mortem culture. For you, on-call availability goes without saying.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills and you write clear documentation for everything you build (experience with BPMN and ArchiMate is a plus).
- You have experience using distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- You can design iteratively and retrieve and process the interests of different stakeholders.
- You have experience coaching and leading within your team and enjoy doing so.
These qualities can really make the difference
- You are CISSP certified.
- You have experience managing suppliers (infrastructure, hardware, and services).
- You have experience scoping and prioritizing work for operations engineering.
- You enjoy sharing knowledge through blog posts, meetups and conferences.
What we offer besides a challenging and responsible job
- A dynamic organization where talent, passion, enthusiasm, taking initiative and effort are being rewarded.
- An above average salary (32-40 hour working week)
- 26 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hour working week)
- A non-contributory pension and a travel allowance.
- A laptop of your choice: MacBook Pro with macOS or Lenovo ThinkPad with Linux.
- Cleverbase is growing fast and we would like you to grow with us. That is why we offer you the time and space you need to bring your own expertise to the next level.
- You work with ambitious and smart colleagues, who want to make a difference.
- Healthy lunches and fruit available every day.
- Regular fun drinks and events with colleagues
Do you want to make a difference?
Send your resume before August 21st 2020 to our recruiter Beatrix ten Bosch via email@example.com, citing the job title in the subject. Do you not fully recognize yourself in the profile, but do you think you can add value to our ambitions?
Contact Beatrix via 06 1429 1425 or use the e-mail address mentioned above.
Do you want to know more about the content of this position? Don’t hesitate to contact our CTO Sander Dijkhuis via firstname.lastname@example.org.