Ready for an exciting opportunity as our new Software Architect? Passionate about delivering scalable and secure software solutions and solving complex challenges for a dependable product called ‘Vidua’? Join us in building an inclusive digital society where individuals control their personal data.
About Cleverbase and Vidua
“Carefree online business”. We are Cleverbase: a Qualified Trust Service Provider (QTSP), which fully complies with the highest norms of the Dutch government. Our goal is to eliminate paperwork and to make online transactions as secure as possible. With our product ‘Vidua’, we allow our users to digitally identify at the highest security level and to provide documents with qualified electronic signatures.
At Vidua, you will collaborate with young, intelligent and accommodating individuals, who are ready to help you get started in our fast-growing company. Together we will work on realising ambitious goals and building an inclusive digital society, in which everyone has control over their own personal data.
Software Architect at Cleverbase
As our Software Architect, your role is to help teams work autonomously by setting clear boundaries and providing guidance. You split your time 50/50 with the architecture team and a software team to stay connected to the engineering teams. You work closely with the Vice-Lead Engineering/Architect, Solution Architect, and Tech Enablers as part of the Architecture team. Your main role includes:
- Contributing to the development of a vision for architectural matters.
- Overseeing the architecture framework and its operation.
- Establishing effective systems for managing architectural topics.
- Actively participating in designing, building, and delivering systems or products, including creating solutions for architecture and delivery pipelines.
- Improve collaboration within and between stream-aligned teams to support them in achieving their goals.
- Adapting coordination, direction, and governance as the team grows.
- Promoting and expanding artefacts in the architecture framework.
Who are you?
- Completed a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of working experience as a Software Engineer and worked as an architect, tech lead, or senior team member of their team.
- Strong experience in at least two parts of our tech stack (high-level);
- Backend development (Scala, little Java)
- Mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Experience implementing architecture across teams while balancing long-term considerations with respect to evolvability and maintenance.
- Preferred: Worked extensively in the backend.
- Skilled at creating clear and thorough documentation
- Enjoy organising and structuring architectural topics
- Understand the difficulties of creating secure software with engineers
- Know how to establish consistent procedures
- Effective communicator, comfortable with public speaking
During the application process, we conduct a screening. Prior to employment, you are required to apply for a Certificate of Conduct.
What do we offer you?
- Dynamic environment that values and rewards talent, passion, enthusiasm, initiative, and involvement.
- Plenty of development opportunities within our fast-growing organisation.
- Collaboration with fun, ambitious, and smart colleagues who consistently strive to go the extra mile.
- Competitive salary, non-contributory pension plan, travel and telephone reimbursement, and 26 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour working week).
- Laptop of choice: MacBook Pro with macOS or Lenovo ThinkPad with Linux.
- Conveniently located office in The Hague reachable by public transport, car, and bike.
Are you up for the challenge?
Send your CV and motivation letter to Beatrix ten Bosch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have valuable contributions to offer our team, even if you don’t fully match the profile, please contact Beatrix ten Bosch via email or call us at 06 1429 1425. Let’s explore how your unique skills can align with our goals.