Interested in organizing and structuring architectural topics and do you understand the challenges of delivering secure software in collaboration with engineers? Then you are the Software Architect we need to scale Architect team coordination, directing and governance with the growth of teams. You help develop vision on architectural topics and evolve and operate our architecture framework. You work 50/50 in the architecture team and a software team to stay connected with the engineering teams.
You want to sign a contract: you print the document, place a signature, have to scan the document to get it on your computer again, then you send it. Maybe even including a copy of your passport. Do you agree that this is a bit old-fashioned and cumbersome? Cleverbase believes in a trustworthy digital society. In which everyone and every organization can participate. Where you have the control over your own personal data.
With our brand Vidua, you can easily identify yourself online and sign important documents without the use of pen and paper. Vidua is powered by Cleverbase, a Qualified Trust Service Provider that operates in compliance with the strictest requirements from the Dutch government.
Cleverbase is a scale-up with big ambitions. From our office with the best view of The Hague, our talented 100-person team is working on the future of digital business. At Cleverbase, your colleagues have a high social awareness and enthusiasm for art, culture and sports.
Software Architect at Cleverbase
We see the role of Architecture as an enabling function so teams can act autonomously as much as possible. This means setting boundaries and providing clear direction when it comes to the overall structure of our systems, managing technology and techniques and way of working. The main goal is that you are actively involved with designing, building and delivering systems or products. This could even be building solutions directly related to architecture or the delivery pipeline.
As part of the Architecture team, you promote, expand and iterate on artifacts in the architecture framework. You help set up systems to manage architectural topics. By determining requirements and planning, and prioritizing the right things, you improve collaboration between and within teams and know how to standardize procedures. With your enabling mindset, you focus on helping our different stream-aligned teams and working together to reach the team’s goals. Secretly, you don’t want to be The Architect, you just want to build really cool products. You’re a good communicator and do not shy away from public speaking and good documentation. As a member of the Architecture team you work closely with its members or liaisons (Vice-Lead Engineering/Architect, Solution Architect, Tech Enablers).
Who are you?
- You have worked as an architect, tech lead or senior member of your team.
- 10+ years of working experience as a Software Engineer, after having completed a Master’s or equivalent.
- Experience implementing architecture across teams to enable them to do their best work more often while keeping balance with long term considerations with respect to evolvability and maintenance.
What do we offer you?
- A flat organization in which no day is the same en where talent, initiative and involvement are greatly appreciated and rewarded
- An environment in which you have the space to develop yourself
- Many career opportunities in a fast-growing scale-up
- Good salary, non-contributory pension and travel and phone allowance
- 26 vacation days per year (based on 40-hour work week)
- A laptop of choice: MacBook Pro with macOs or Lenovo Thinkpad with Linux
- An office that’s easy to reach by public transport, car and bike
We currently all work from home. It is possible to work at the office when consulted beforehand.
Are you our new Software Architect?
Send your CV and motivation letter before November 18th 2022 to Beatrix ten Bosch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 06 1429 1425.
Does this vacancy not suit you, but are you curious about the career opportunities at Cleverbase? Send an open application to Beatrix ten Bosch at email@example.com