(Senior) database engineer
Are you the experienced database engineer who will be responsible for our databases? Do you want to contribute to solutions for the future that fit us? Do you want to grow with us and expand your expertise? Then, we know that you will feel at home at Cleverbase.
Cleverbase is the organisation behind Vidua. We operate as QTSP (Qualified Trust Service Provider), licensed by the Dutch government. Under strict regulations, we issue PKIoverheid certificates, which is why Cleverbase is stated on them. With these certificates, you can make use of Vidua services. That means you can safely identify yourself online and sign important digital documents with the same legal effect as a handwritten signature.
We believe in a trustworthy, safe, digital society. Where everyone and every organization can participate in a human-centered way. A society where you yourself have the control over your own personal data.
This is what we expect from you
- You provide structure whenever we have issues regarding designing and maintaining database and you choose options that fit our needs well.
- You make risk-based decisions and can balance between future-proof designs and pragmatism.
- You envision how in the upcoming years we can more effectively use structured storage.
- You maintain our existing databases, but you also take responsibility for designing, deploying and migrating to new systems.
- You prefer working with infrastructure-as-code and you automate as much as responsibly possible.
- Even though you are responsible for databases, you also enjoy participating in other operations engineering and DevOps work.
- You approach incidents in a structured way and contribute to a blameless post-mortem culture. For you, on-call availability goes without saying.
These qualities can really make the difference
- You are experienced in supplier management tasks, such as structuring our own needs, selecting suppliers, coordinating about support tickets and change requests, and evaluating suppliers.
- You are experienced managing highly available, fault tolerant distributed databases, such as Galera Cluster, InnoDB Cluster, PostgreSQL clusters, and CockroachDB.
- You are experienced managing deployment of message brokers and related systems such as Kafka and Redis.
What we offer besides a challenging and responsible job
- An informal and dynamic work environment with ambitious colleagues in which talent, initiative and involvement are appreciated and rewarded.
- Above average salary, non-contributory pension, travel and phone allowance.
- 26 vacation days (based on 40 hours).
- Many opportunities for growth and development.
- A laptop of your choice: Macbook Pro with macOS or Lenovo Thinkpad with Linux.
In this current situation we all work from home, but once we go back to working at the office, the following is included as well:
- The best view of The Hague, in an office building with a coffee bar, food court, and fitness area, easy to reach by public transport, car or bike.
Do you want to make a difference?
You’re interested and want to apply: time to update your CV, write a motivation letter and send an email to Beatrix at email@example.com or call +316 1429 1425 before February 11th 2022. As well when you have talents that can contribute to Cleverbase’s ambition in another way. We look forward to receiving your application!