(Senior) database engineer
Are you the experienced database engineer who will be responsible for our databases? Do you want to contribute to solutions for the future that fit us? Do you want to grow with us and expand your expertise? Then, we know that you will feel at home at Cleverbase.
Cleverbase is working on making formal transactions online easier. We have developed a secure solution that can connect civilians, organizations and governments. With our products you can log in, exchange information and sign documents on the highest eIDAS security level. Besides secure Cleverbase solutions are of high quality, smart and user friendly. Even though we are still a startup, we are a Trust Service Provider within the public key infrastructure from the Dutch government and are we are ISO 27001 and ETSI certified.
Our Cleverbase team is dynamic, fast-growing and multidisciplinary. For us, flexibility and self-management are paramount. Everyone is able to truly contribute something,based on his or her own expertise and background. We are enterprising, creative thinkers and developers who want to improve the world with the use of the latest technology. The Cleverbase office is in The Hague and within a 2 minutes walk of the Voorburg railway station.
This is what we expect from you
- You provide structure whenever we have issues regarding designing and maintaining database and you choose options that fit our needs well.
- You make risk-based decisions and can balance between future-proof designs and pragmatism.
- You envision how in the upcoming years we can more effectively use structured storage.
- You maintain our existing databases, but you also take responsibility for designing, deploying and migrating to new systems.
- You prefer working with infrastructure-as-code and you automate as much as responsibly possible.
- Even though you are responsible for databases, you also enjoy participating in other operations engineering and DevOps work.
- You approach incidents in a structured way and contribute to a blameless post-mortem culture. For you, on-call availability goes without saying.
These qualities can really make the difference
- You are experienced in supplier management tasks, such as structuring our own needs, selecting suppliers, coordinating about support tickets and change requests, and evaluating suppliers.
- You are experienced managing highly available, fault tolerant distributed databases, such as Galera Cluster, InnoDB Cluster, PostgreSQL clusters, and CockroachDB.
- You are experienced managing deployment of message brokers and related systems such as Kafka and Redis.
What we offer besides a challenging and responsible job
- A dynamic organization where talent, passion, enthusiasm, taking initiative and effort are being rewarded.
- An above average salary (32-40 hour working week)
- 26 vacation days per year (based on a 40 hour working week)
- A non-contributory pension and a travel allowance.
- A laptop of your choice: MacBook Pro with macOS or Lenovo ThinkPad with Linux.
- Cleverbase is growing fast and we would like you to grow with us. That is why we offer you the time and space you need to bring your own expertise to the next level.
- You work with ambitious and smart colleagues, who want to make a difference.
- Healthy lunches and fruit available every day.
- Regular fun drinks and events with colleagues
Do you want to make a difference?
Send your resume before August 21st 2020 to our recruiter Beatrix ten Bosch via firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the job title in the subject. Do you not fully recognize yourself in the profile, but do you think you can add value to our ambitions?
Contact Beatrix via 06 1429 1425 or use the e-mail address mentioned above.
Do you want to know more about the content of this position? Don’t hesitate to contact our CTO Sander Dijkhuis via email@example.com.