Database Engineer (Senior)
Ready for an exciting opportunity as our new (Senior) Database Engineer? Passionate about fine-tuning and optimising the performance of databases for a dependable product called ‘Vidua’? Join us in building an inclusive digital society where individuals control their personal data.
About Cleverbase and Vidua
“Carefree online business”. We are Cleverbase: a Qualified Trust Service Provider (QTSP), which fully complies with the highest norms of the Dutch government. Our goal is to eliminate paperwork and to make online transactions as secure as possible. With our product ‘Vidua’, we allow our users to digitally identify at the highest security level and to provide documents with qualified electronic signatures.
At Vidua, you will collaborate with young, intelligent and accommodating individuals, who are ready to help you get started in our fast-growing company. Together we will work on realising ambitious goals and building an inclusive digital society, in which everyone has control over their own personal data.
Database Engineer at Cleverbase
As our experienced Database Engineer, you are responsible for keeping our current databases running smoothly, as well as for designing, deploying and migrating to new systems when needed. Even though you are responsible for databases, you also enjoy participating in other operations engineering and DevOps work. Your role includes:
- Making risk-based decisions and can balance between future-proof designs and pragmatism.
- Approaching incidents in a structured way and contributing to a blameless post-mortem culture. For you, on-call availability goes without saying.
- Providing structure whenever we have issues regarding designing and maintaining databases and choosing options that fit our needs well.
- Thinking ahead how we can use our structured storage more efficiently in the coming years.
- Working preferably with infrastructure-as-code and automate as much as responsibly as possible.
Who are you?
- Experienced in supplier management tasks, such as structuring our own needs, selecting suppliers, coordinating about support tickets and change requests, and evaluating suppliers.
- Experienced in managing highly available, fault tolerant, distributed databases, such as Galera Cluster, InnoDB Cluster, PostgreSQL clusters, and CockroachDB.
- Experienced in managing deployment of message brokers and related systems such as Kafka and Redis
During the application process, we conduct a screening. Prior to employment, you are required to apply for a Certificate of Conduct.
What do we offer you?
- Dynamic environment that values and rewards talent, passion, enthusiasm, initiative, and involvement.
- Plenty of development opportunities within our fast-growing organisation.
- Collaboration with fun, ambitious, and smart colleagues who consistently strive to go the extra mile.
- Competitive salary, non-contributory pension plan, travel and telephone reimbursement, and 26 vacation days per year (based on a 40-hour working week).
- Laptop of choice: MacBook Pro with macOS or Lenovo ThinkPad with Linux.
- Conveniently located office in The Hague reachable by public transport, car, and bike.
Are you up for the challenge?
Send your CV and motivation letter to Beatrix ten Bosch via email@example.com.
If you have valuable contributions to offer our team, even if you don’t fully match the profile, please contact Beatrix ten Bosch via email or call us at 06 1429 1425. Let’s explore how your unique skills can align with our goals.